Business in the Parliament Conference
The Business in the Parliament Conference is hosted jointly by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government. It aims to facilitate engagement between Scotland's businesses and politicians and forms part of a regular and on-going Parliament and Government programme of engagement with business organisations and senior business leaders across Scotland. The aim of this unique partnership event between the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government is to engage Scottish business in discussion about how to encourage sustainable growth in Scotland's economy. There have been nine conferences to date, since 2004, with the last conference on 6 and 7 November, 2014. Details of previous conference programmes and delegates can be found in the History section of the website.
The 10th Business in the Parliament Conference will take place on 29-30 October 2015. The theme for this year is "Opportunities for Growth – Scottish business priorities for 2020".
Eribe, Eribé Knitwear Lesley Eccles, FanDuel
We are delighted to have as our keynote speakers Rosemary Eribe, Eribé Knitwear founder and Managing Director, and Lesley Eccles – Co-Founder and Executive Vice President Marketing and Acquisitions, FanDuel.
1. Women’s entrepreneurship – unlocking the potential
Speakers: Margaret Gibson, Women's Enterprise Scotland; Sylvia Douglas, MsMissMrs
2. Building our infrastructure – what physical and digital connections are needed to unlock growth in the Scottish economy?
Speakers: Sara Thiam, Institution of Civil Engineers
3. Open to export – how to expand into new markets overseas – practical insights from new exporters
4. Skills for business growth – why investment in a skilled, engaged and productive workforce pays dividends
Speakers: Craig Hume, Utopia Computers; Andrew Dobbie, MadeBrave
5. Developing the young workforce – engaging employers in the youth employment and education agendas
Speakers: Geoff Leask, Young Enterprise Scotland; Fiona Godsman, Scottish Institute for Enterprise
6. Business essentials – tackling the practical issues which can help or hinder business growth
Speakers: Ken Lewandowski, WG Renfrew Ltd.; Anne-Marie Roberts, ICAS